I like the idea of the Sanding Stick by workshopbob, but I don’t want to buy some hex screws. So I’ve created this thing, where you can customize your sanding stick, that will automatically include the needed printable screws. I have also added the four sticks I’m using in the first picture as .stl files on thingiverse.
- set the length, height and width (picture 3)
- 3 different end styles: none, round and wedge (picture 4)
- set the angle and a smooth round end for wedge style
v1.2 – 2017-07-31:
- [fix] reduced the tolerance of the threaded hole. If you have problems, to insert the screw in, you can change the tolerance in the Screw Settings (Advanced!) -> Screw Thread Hole Dia In Millimeter.
- [feature] parameter to add extra height of the screws head
v1.1 – 2017-06-27:
- [feature] added color
- [cosmetic] updated comment description for screw settings
Cut a strip of a sheet of sanding paper in the width of the stick. The length should be about the hole around the stick to the second hole + a little extra length.
Wrap the strip around the stick from the edge of the first hole beginning to the edge of the second hole. You may cut the length in this step. You can either use your fingers or the top part to hold the strip in place.
Screw the first screw in. Then you can tension the strip, lift the top part a bit and push the end of the strip between the top and bottom part. Use the second screw now.
Optional: You can use pliers to tighten the screws, but don’t overtighten it!
Sanding Stick on Youtube
Customize and download this 3D Model on: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2404850